As a man or woman stranded naked, freezing and starving on the shores of a mysterious island called ARK, you must hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements. Use your cunning and resources to kill or tame & breed the leviathan dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the land, and team up with or prey on hundreds of other players to survive, dominate... and escape!
The following features are in the game on its Day-1 Early Access release. We have many more aspects and refinements planned for the long-term development roadmap, and here's what you get to experience right now in ARK:
- Dinosaurs, Creatures, & Breeding!
- You must eat and drink to survive, with different kinds of plants &
- By chopping down forests full of trees and mining metal and other precious resources;
- Pick seeds from the wild vegetation around you, plant them in plots that you lay down, water them and nurture them with fertilizer;
- By bringing sufficient rare sacrificial items to special Summon locations, you can capture the attention of the one of the ARK’s god-like mythical creatures, who will arrive for battle;
- Create a Tribe and add your friends to it, and all your Pets can be commanded by and allied to anyone in your Tribe;
- All items are crafted from Blueprints that have variable statistics and qualities, and require corresponding resources;
- Everything you craft has durability and will wear-out from extended use if not repaired, and when you leave the game, your character remains sleeping in the persistent world;
- The mysterious ARK is a formidable and imposing environment, composed of many natural and unnatural structures, above-ground, below-ground, and underwater;
- On the 100+ player servers, your character, everything you built, and your pets, stay in-game even when you leave;
- You can play single-player local games, and bring your character and items between unofficial player-hosted servers, back and forth from singleplayer to multiplayer. Mod the game, with full Steam Workshop support and customized Unreal Engine 4 editor.